Friday, August 26, 2011

Being Fair!!!!


What is Being Fair???

At this juncture, I am forced to think!!! What exactly is Being Fair? How important it is? What meaning does it have? Can it have different meanings for different people?
Here I am obviously talking about "fair" which means "just".

But the twist in the tale is that even this one meaning has multiple meanings for different people.

In my opinion, Being Fair means I am completely following the rules of the game (life) & not doing any such activity which can take on any other person's equal opportunity of winning & succeeding. Behaving in a manner you ought to behave is Being Fair.

This is what I think! Others don't really think the same.
Some think Being Fair is doing wrong things & breaking rules without getting caught.
Some think Being Fair is just having an intention to win ('Everything is fair in love & war' philosophy).
Some think Being Fair is following the rules but not thinking of equal opportunity to others.
Some think Being Fair is harmless cheating.

I'm confused.... How can there be multiple meanings to it???



Closing my eyes, I try & hear my soul.
What is important to me? Is winning so important to me that I want to achieve it by any means?
Should I try what others are doing? What if I stick to my ethics & values and I'm left behind in the long rat race? After all don't I want to taste the fruit of success?

This is what I realized....

Ethics & values are the best companions one can have because even if others don't see your efforts, two people are always seeing it: 1.YOUR OWN SOUL 2.GOD

Winning is important but only if it is a packaged deal with Being Fair. Otherwise, somewhere your inner self won't give you a peaceful sleep if you were unfair.

If you stick to your ethics & values, there are strong chances of you being left behind in the long rat race....but then who said you are a rat? You are a HUMAN BEING... Have you forgotten that?

The fruit of success will taste sweet only if you know you deserve it, not otherwise.

The right path would be slow & difficult to travel...And would make you achieve less.... But you would enjoy the journey so much that winning would be just another word for you!




Think about it!

6 comments:

  1. a very insightful and a blog with a deep deep message....njoyed every bit of reading it...we seriously forget we r not rats we are human being....but in a real rat race(i mean literally a rat race) every1 has a FAIR opportunity to win which unfortunately is not d case in dis real world....u very rightly said its d njoyment we have while playing d game(i.e. leaving our lives) and not the outcome....its d sound sleep we have after knowing we received what we got is d most peaceful one...an amazing blog waiting to read a lot frm u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be patient & opportunities will come with time.... :)
    thank u!!!
    keep following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya,, i truly agree it's very insightful.. because this is what i feel is required for one to know in today's competitive life. if you are happy from within,the world will turn out to be beautiful to live in... thanks Niki to mention it... i loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy that you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete